Ok, so when I first contemplated my post today, I considered complaining about how my kids are fighting again, or how my house is messy, or how it snowed all last week. Then I caught myself. I am so blessed! How can I even be complaining about these sorts of things? So, I'll post about how I'm blessed rather than how things aren't going exactly as I want them to at all times. LOL!
I am blessed to be married to my soul mate. We seriously must have been made for each other. We are very similar personalities. We like to do similar things. We have the same goals and outlooks on life. Where we aren't the same, we compliment each other. One example: I HATE loading the dishwasher. I know, it's not that hard! But, I hate the slimy dishes and stink that accompanies them. Well, Chip loathes unloading the dishwasher. I can't understand why, but I won't complain about it. Together we get the work done :)
I am so blessed to be the mother of two sweet children. They are healthy, happy, strong, and good. They really do spoil me with how good they are to each other. We went on a walk this evening and they were giggling the whole time. Who knows about what. The first word when Buddy wakes up is Sis's name. He looks for her and wonders where she is when she happens to be away from him for a little bit.
I have a home that is sturdy and keeps me safe and comfortable.
My parents and in-laws are what I would deem "normal" and we are so blessed because of it. I hear awful stories from friends about how their parents/in-laws drive them crazy. Ours respect our space and are very good to us.
Today was a beautiful day and we were able to get out and go for a walk as a family. The fresh spring air did wonders for my spirits as well as my cold.
See, now wasn't that better than hearing me complain?
2 comments:
When I feel like complaining about things I have to remind my self how lucky I am. The kids might be arguing but at least they are strong and healthy enough to argue! The house is a mess but at least I have a house to be messy.
I am glad I am not the only one who has to remember to count her blessings. Thank you for your post Emily. I was wonderful and just what I needed to read.
You truly are blessed. Good for you to take a moment and think back on it. Gratitude has incredible powers.
Post a Comment