You know, I wasn't all that thrilled when I was asked to be the primary pianist in my ward at church. I had just got back into Relief Society and was really enjoying the lessons. I was also nervous that I wouldn't get to feel the spirit or learn lessons that I thought I needed to because it would be "just" the basics.
I was wrong. I was very wrong. I LOVE being in primary. I love playing these beautiful songs that are so simple yet so profound. I read the lyrics, listen to the melodies, and listen to the voices of the children and the whole experience is very sweet.
Today we sang a song that has always been one of my favorites. When I was little, I'd sing it without really thinking about it. It just WAS. When I became a teen, I would think about the song and sometimes I would choke up. Now, I feel blessed to be at the piano, otherwise I'd just sit and cry. LOL!
I have a family here on earth. They are so good to me.
I want to share my life with them through all eternity.
Families can be together forever through Heavenly Father’s plan.
I always want to be with my own family,
And the Lord has shown me how I can.
The Lord has shown me how I can.
While I am in my early years, I'll prepare most carefully
So I can marry in God's Temple, for eternity.
Families can be together forever through Heavenly Father's plan.
I always want to be with my own family,
And the Lord has shown me how I can.
The Lord has shown me how I can.
(“Families Can Be Together Forever,” Children’s Songbook, 188)
I am so blessed to have this knowledge in my life. Also, that I have always known this and other truths. I love my family and I want them forever. This life is not long enough for me. I'll take eternity :)
2 comments:
I did not know what to think when they called me to primary either, but I have enjoyed it much more than I thought that I would! :)
Primary Pianist is my dream job. That probably means I'll never get it. Lucky! I haven't done anything but young womens since I got married-I really like it, and we've got great girls, but so much for my Early Childhood Ed. Degree! :)
Post a Comment