I actually thought we were safe. I mean we had already had our miscarriage between babies. Also, I made it 3 weeks longer this time than last. I have had no bleeding and felt pretty crummy, even though not sick for very many days. I felt awful on Monday. I just about threw up during sis's doctors appointment. Tuesday, I suddenly felt fine. I also felt fine Wednesday. I was a little nervous about that, but figured it was normal to go off and on sick at only 8 weeks pregnant.
Well, as most of you know, I had an ultra sound on Wednesday. I insisted on having one because of my previous miscarriage experiences. My first miscarriage, we didn't know until I was 11 weeks along, but the sack only measured 7. I am NEVER going to go through that again. Anyway, we figured we'd see at least one heart beat, and maybe even multiples as I had been on clomid. See, I have an awful time GETTING pregnant. We've been trying for this pregnancy for 18 long months. Yes, I said 18. When I finally took the clmoid, it worked the first month. We have been so excited.
The technician found the baby right away, but there was no flicker. She told us not to panic yet, and did some more poking around. It probably only took a minute but it felt like forever before she said how sorry she was and there was no heart beat. No heart beat...I felt like I'd been hit in the gut. Here we were, so sure there would be AT LEAST one, and now there was none. The baby measures right on, which means that, if the heart ever started beating, it had only recently stopped.
We are devastated. I do feel blessed that I've been through this before and know what to expect...although it stinks. My dr would like me to go on my own, but I don't want to. This baby is bigger than my first miscarriage, and I was in so much pain with that one. I don't know why they let woman miscarry at home. I needed an epidural. If I make it until Tuesday, I can have a D&C to remove it. They put you to sleep for that one. Very little pain and bleeding. Although that seems forever away, I hope that is the option I get to choose.
Pray for me. This is a dark and lonely place that I know all too well.
On the up side. I have had so many letters of encouragement and love. I've also had dear family and friends take care of me through gifts and food. I don't know what I would do without all you wonderful people in my life.
9 comments:
Emily I am SO sorry! I will definately keep you in my prayers!
I swear you told me the ultrasound appt was today! What a horrible friend I am!! I picked up the phone to call you around 9:30 but thought, no she probably hasn't had the appt yet. You have been in my prayers and will continue to be. I am so sorry! I don't understand why you have to keep going through this. (((BIG HUGS))) LOVE YOU!
Em,
I am so sorry! I don't know what to say. My heart aches for you! Just know that we are thinking of and praying for you.
You know I love you. I wish I were close and could do more, but I owe you several hours of phone venting. After what I've put you through the last 2 years, it's the least I can do.
((hugs))
You know I love you. I wish I were close and could do more, but I owe you several hours of phone venting. After what I've put you through the last 2 years, it's the least I can do.
((hugs))
EM! I love you! (((((HUGS))))) I am so sorry that you are going through this again. I am not sure if you actually want to wait until Tuesday or not......Me? Well You can imagine how I feel about a D&C right now. Either way, Know that I love you and I am praying for you! Call WHEN you need me.
(((HUGS))) I'm so sorry, Emily.
Oh Emily. This is terrible sadness. What can I do to help? Of course I'll keep praying for you. Please tell me what else I can do!
(((hugs))) i am so sorry. It is a dark place and i hope you have a quick recovery. Thinking of you!!
Post a Comment